TAG camps are our introductory non-contact camp for active young boys and girls and aim to capture the magic and excitement of playing sport. TAG sessions and games are designed to develop physical literacy that would aid participation in any sport.
Camps are held over three consecutive mornings by the same encouraging and energetic coaches that work across the Tigers community.
Before April 30, our full camps are open to players aged 7 or under on August 31, 2016.
From May 1, our TAG camps will use season 2017/18 age groups so will be open to players aged 7 or under on August 31, 2017.
TAG camps suit any experience or ability level.
Our most popular holiday rugby camp is our full five day rugby camps. Included in the camps are 5 ½ hours of active coaching under the guidance of the Leicester Tigers each day, a focus on fitness and rugby skills as well as the chance to improve fundamental movement skills over the course of the week.
Also included in a full Tigers Rugby Camp:
• The best in rugby coaching
• Leicester Tigers Rugby Camp t-shirt, rugby ball and drinks bottle
• Free membership to the Junior Tigers Club
• Free junior ticket to an allocated home game
• Hot lunch and drinks for full-day camp participants
• A chance to meet a Leicester Tigers player
Coaching sessions during camp are split on an age and skill basis to ensure that each child regardless of experience has a fun and interesting time with us.
Before April 30, our full camps are open to players aged 8 to 13 on August 31, 2016.
From May 1, our full camps will use season 2017/18 age groups so will be open to players aged 8 to 13 on August 31, 2017.
Full camps suit any experience or ability level.
The Masterclass series comprises three, one day coaching workshops that allow young players to focus on key aspects of the game. This is the only camp in which young players have access to play on the Welford Road pitch, home of 10 times English Champions Leicester Tigers. This year's masterclasses are focused on:
• Attack and Decision Making
• Breakdown & Defence
• Forward Play & Scrum
• Girls Masterclass
We host a specific girls-only masterclass as part of our commitment to the girl's game that covers all of the game fundamentals.
Masterclasses benefit from the added value of our rugby camps including:
• A free match ticket to the opening game of the 2017/18 season
• A hot nutritious lunch
• Tigers drink bottle, t-shirt or ball
• A day of quality rugby coaching
All sessions are open for young players aged 10 to 15 or over on August 31, 2017, who want to develop individual skills and build their game knowledge.
Our residential camp is the perfect opportunity to improve your game and immerse yourself in a focused and dedicated week of rugby. You will get the chance to take on our elite rugby training programme, build your knowledge on specific areas of the game as well as learn direct from our top coaches. With players from around the country and overseas joining us, this exclusive residential rugby camp is a once in a lifetime opportunity that is guaranteed to be the highlight of your summer.
This camp also includes:
• Three hot meals per day and accommodation in individual rooms with private toilet and shower facilities.
• Up to five hours of rugby training each day, covering core skills and position specific areas of the game as well as strength and conditioning sessions.
• Free Tigers Tec T-shirt, water bottle and rugby ball.
• Free ticket to the first Leicester Tigers home match of season 2017/18
• Organised evening entertainment such as team building activities, archery and shooting.
• Personal development plan at the end of the camp.
• Coach travel to and from Welford Road (optional).
The camp is for aspiring rugby players who are between the ages of 12 and 17 on August 31, 2017, and is ideal for experienced players looking to improve.