Group Days Placement
At Leicester Tigers, we believe that our ‘people’ are our ultimate performance variable. With this in mind, one of our goals is to create the best placement programme experience available to current undergraduate students in the UK.
In preparation for the 2023-24 season, the Group Days Department at Leicester Tigers are looking for a full-time placement student, to provide support for the Group Days team.
What you can expect to be doing:
Placement positions at Leicester Tigers are much more than just a typical internship. We won’t hide from the fact that there are basic jobs to be done, but our aim is to provide you with a far richer set of experiences; developing impactful skill sets, providing you with a sense of ownership, keeping you close to the action (matchday), and preparing you for a successful career within this industry. Previous Tigers Placement students gain a wide range of hands on experience in our Group Days team which helps with their future careers after the conclusion of their degree, and in some recent cases, have secured employment at Tigers.
Who are we looking for?
It is important to us at Leicester Tigers that we bring the right people into our environment. We are looking for individuals that can demonstrate a clear passion for business, sales, customer service as well as a desire to embark on a career within high performance sport. In addition, we are looking for:
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of stakeholders
- An eagerness to carry out tasks with precision and accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills, including time-management and punctuality
- A willingness to contribute towards exploratory learning opportunities within the department
- An outgoing and energetic personality
- These positions require a DBS check carried out by Leicester Tigers
Our commitment to you:
We believe that going forward, the success of our placement programme should be judged on the ability of our ‘graduates’ to compete for and secure full-time employment within the industry following the conclusion of their academic studies. Listed below are just some of the development opportunities that you may be exposed to as part of the placement programme:
- Mentoring, feedback and guidance from senior members of each department
- The development of the necessary skills required to function effectively as a member of a team
- Post-placement support – continuing the relationship even after your return to university; providing personal references to you as you look to progress to the next stage of your career
- Two tickets to every home fixture
- Club Matchday uniform
Group Days Placement Student
Available Positions: One
This role is a full-time unpaid position and will be housed within the Ticketing and Group Days Department here at Leicester Tigers. The role will focus on providing support to the Group Days team.
Reports to: Dom McGeever (Ticket Office and Group Days Manager)
- To complete a variety of other day-to-day support tasks linked to the effective running of the department
- To exhibit the Club’s behaviours and values: Club First, Tough, Passionate and Driven
- Assisting with the selling and delivering of all matchday products (Guard of Honours, Flag Shakers, Warm Up Experiences, Matchday Coaching Clinics experiences)
- Assisting the Group Days team in complying with all safeguarding and administrative requirements linked with the sales of the above matchday products
All matchdays will be paid, given time off in lieu and will be required to work. There is also opportunities to earn commission on the matchday products
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive, as duties may be added or removed at the discretion of the Ticket Office and Group Days Manager.
- The placements will run from ~ June 1, 2023 through to ~ June 30, 2024.
- There will be an induction day (date TBC) within the 2022/23 Season.
- These positions may require flexibility around working hours on occasion, sometimes including weekends
- These positions are unpaid
- It is desirable that candidates base themselves within commutable distance of Mattioli Woods Welford Road for the duration of the placement.
- All matchdays will be paid, given time off in lieu and will be required to work
In order to apply for any of this position, potential candidates should produce a video (no longer than 5 minutes), introducing themselves and their background, as well as covering the following points:
- Why the candidate is interested in this position at Leicester Tigers. Tell us why you’re passionate about this opportunity.
- Why the candidate believes they are the right person for this position, referencing any relevant experiences that might support the points made. Tell us about your drive and hunger for personal development; What have you done outside of your university course?
Video applications should be sent via WeTransfer to [email protected] (see below video for instructions on how to do this) along with your name, email and contact number.
All video applications should be submitted no later than Wednesday, March 8 at midday.
The first stage of video interviews for these positions will take place the week commencing Friday, March 10.
Final stage interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday, March 20.