We cannot wait to welcome supporters back at the home of the Tigers, but only when it is safe to do so. That is our first priority and we have been working with PRL, the RFU and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority to establish a safe return of crowds to Mattioli Woods Welford Road.
From 17 May, Government guidelines allow for the return of crowds on a reduced capacity basis (circa 25%) with social distancing in place. We hope that matches from 21 June will be at full capacity, although this is subject to Government clearance. If this date does change, it’s likely that we will have restricted capacities and we may have to put social distancing policies in place again.
Although the impact of the pandemic continues to present us with many challenges and uncertainties, we understand the desire for clarity wherever possible and we will continue to update this page as our plans develop.
In the event of a change in Government guidelines after 21 June which results in a reduced number of supporters in the stadium, those who have booked earliest will have priority on keeping their place, but there may be the need to move your seats within an area.
In these unpredictable times, we want to give you confidence and peace of mind when purchasing products at Mattioli Woods Welford Road. We are here to reassure you that all our tickets, hospitality and events are guaranteed to be refunded in the event that we are unable to allow you to enter our venue due to Government restrictions. This includes having a reduced capacity or for any match being played behind closed doors on health and safety grounds.
We will send details on how you will be refunded for specific purchases in the sad event that we are unable to have you join us.
Some of the key points of any potential Covid restictions are:
- e-tickets only (no printed tickets will be issued)
- One way systems in place
- When booking the lead booker will need to be able to sign a COVID declaration form for their group
- We may have to take your temperature on arrival
- We may have to instigate staggered entry times
- You must wear a face covering, unless eating or drinking, or medically exempt
- Guidelines will be followed re the Governments NHS Track and Trace
- No bags or food and drink
- If you have any symptoms or fail a temperature test you will not be allowed to enter the stadium