Conference & Events Co-Ordinator
Reports to: Conference & Events Manager
Main Area of Responsibility
To be part of the team which co-ordinates non-match day events at the stadium. To convert enquiries in to actual bookings and generate all the final details for those bookings.
Would ideally suit someone with an events qualification or events experience looking for there first role in a conference office.
• To deal with incoming telephone calls and emails and action accordingly.
• To assist in the production of the weekly function sheet.
• To be responsible for all own admin to do with bookings i.e, including taking and processing of deposits and checking final invoices.
• To be responsible for the Christmas Party Nights co-ordination. Taking bookings and ensuring paperwork and payments are returned within deadline.
• To support match day operations and club events.
• To be responsible for a weekly equipment and linen order.
• To conduct show rounds of the stadium to potential clients.
• To ensure that all information relating to a client's event is detailed in the computer system and updated accordingly.
• To help with organising and attend any open days, familiarsation visits and wedding fairs organised by the club.
• To make sales calls to potential clients who have already requested information.
• To ensure that any appointments you have are updated in team calendar.
• To have a clear understanding of what the required budget is on a month by month basis as well as on an annual basis.
• To ensure that all bookings taken are profitable and in line with current prices.
• To carry out any other duties and tasks required by management, which are within the post-holder's capabilities.
• To assist in Tigers vision to make Leicester Tigers the best rugby team in the world.
• Office hours are Monday to Friday although due to the nature of the business some weekend and evening work will be required in line with events.
•To be a good self starter/motivator.
• To have good common sense and be able to work on their own intiative.
• Good time management skills.
• To demonstrate flair and enthusiasm for co-ordinating all types of events.
• Well dressed and groomed in their personal appearance.
• Someone who takes a pride in their work and wants to constantly exceed client and colleague expectations.
• Experience of working in Conference Office i.e stadium or hotel/conference centre is preferred.
• To be computer literate and be able to use word, excel, powerpoint, internet and email proficiently.
• To have a confident telephone manner.
• To have excellent customer care skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• To be a good team player.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Friday 24 February, 2017.