Reports to: Supervisor or Stand Manager
Rate of pay: £7.25 plus end of season bonus.
Main Area of Responsibility
The role of the STEWARD is to ensure that all visitors to Leicester Football Club Plc experience a safe and enjoyable visit to the club.
The role of the STEWARD is to assist with the circulation of spectators, prevent overcrowding, reduce the incidence of disorder or incident and provide the means to investigate, report and take early action in an emergency.
The role of the STEWARD is to ensure the safety and well being of all visitors from the time they enter the stadium to the time they depart. The STEWARD must be well-dressed and present a professional and courteous attitude to all customers. The STEWARD must also be fully acquainted with all areas of the stadium in order to direct customers as required.
• To understand their general responsibilities towards the health and safety and welfare of all spectators, other stewards, ground staff and themselves.
• To carry out safety checks.
• To control or direct spectators who are entering or leaving the ground, to achieve an even flow of people to and from the viewing areas.
• To assist in the safe operation of the ground, not to view the activity taking place.
• To staff entrances, exits and other strategic points.
• To recognise crowd conditions so to ensure the safe dispersal of spectators and the prevention of overcrowding, particularly on terraces or viewing slopes.
• To assist the emergency services as required.
• To provide basic emergency first aid.
• To respond to emergencies (such as the early stages of a fire), to raise the alarm and take the necessary immediate action.
• To undertake specific duties in an emergency or as directed by the safety officer or the appropriate emergency safety officer
• To carry out any other duties and tasks required by management, which are within the post-holder's capabilities.
• To assist in Tigers vision to make Leicester Tigers the best rugby team in the world.
•Good communication skills
•Ability to remain calm
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to Andrea Sillman at email@example.com.
Application deadline is FRIDAY 5 JUNE 2015, 5pm. Minimum age is 16 for applications (in accordance with the sports ground safety regulations).
Centerplate UK the proud catering partners to Leicester Tigers Football Club are now recruiting for the 2014/15 rugby season.
We are looking for experienced hospitality and retail catering staff with winning personalities and bags of confidence to join this fast paced and fun environment.
Leicester Tigers will play between 16-18 home games, mainly at weekends and we are looking to recruit the following positions:
• Hospitality Managers - to oversee corporate hospitality for up to 400 guests
• Bar Supervisors - for corporate areas for up to 400 guests
• Hospitality Food & Beverage Staff
• Retail Catering / Kiosk Staff
We offer competitive rates of pay and the opportunity to work alongside two winning teams - Centerplate UK and Leicester Tigers.
If your CV impresses us we will invite you for an interview on one of the following dates 29 July, 30 July, 4 August, 5 August, 7 August or 8 August.
To apply for any of the positions please forward your CV to TigersCatering@centerplate.co.uk