The team behind the team! At Leicester Tigers, we strive to create an environment where each and every employee has the potential for personal growth and their dedication and passion directly drives success both on and off the pitch.
Leicester Tigers promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
If you're ambitious, committed and want to work for the world's most supported rugby family why not look at our current vacancies below.
There are currently no vacancies available at Leicester Tigers.
People Apprentice (HR Support)
Annual wage: £8,500 - £10,750.
Working week: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm (1 hour lunch).
Total hours per week: 37.5 hours.
Expected duration: 18 months.
Possible start date: March 1, 2021.
Date posted: January 22, 2021.
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level 3 (A level)
Reference number: VAC001677722
Positions: 1 available
Leicester Tigers are excited to be inviting applications for the position of People Apprentice. This newly formed position will provide administrative support within the Club’s People Function; contributing towards all areas of the Club’s People Strategy. Alongside any theory-based learning, the apprentice will gain ample practical experience through the management of day-to-day queries and issues; providing relevant information and support to employees across the Club.
Reporting directly into the Head of People, the People Apprentice will be a generalist position, contributing towards areas such as Compliance and Employment Relations; Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding; Learning, Development and Induction; Performance Management; Employee Rewards and Benefits, and Engagement.
Additional Key Responsibilities
- To acknowledge and respond to day-to-day communications from both internal and external stakeholders
- To monitor the expiration dates of key compliance-oriented documentation (i.e. DBS Certificates), and update where appropriate
- To assist with the administrative elements of employment relations issues (such as disciplinary matters, grievances, and flexible working requests)
- To populate all relevant documents during recruitment and selection processes, as well as act as the point of contact for applicants throughout
- To monitor and assist in onboarding and induction processes once timelines and accountabilities have been agreed with key stakeholders
- To ensure the accurate upkeep of the Club’s PeopleHR System, as well as all employee records, files and information
- To populate and communicate all relevant documents in relation to the contractual status and remuneration packages of employees across the Club
- To carry out any other duties and tasks required by management, which are within the post-holders capabilities
What you can expect in return
- A starting salary of £8,500.00 pa, rising to £10,750.00 upon the successful completion of a six month probation period
- CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in Human Resource Management
- CIPD Student Membership fees covered
- A recognised Level 3 HR Support qualification
- 24 days annual leave per year
- Regular One-2-One catch up meetings with the Head of People
- Dedicated study time throughout the week to support the apprenticeship programme
- Your own individual development plan, focussed on supporting you in your current role, and planning for your future aspirations
- Exposure to all areas of the Club, allowing your portfolio of experience to grow quickly
Requirements and prospects
Working within a fast-paced and high-intensity environment, the successful candidate will need the ability to think on the go, effectively prioritise their workload, and demonstrate consistently high levels of attention to detail
Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position
Must demonstrate an ability to actively and consistently exhibit the four Club Values:
- Club First: To keep the success of the Club and its people in mind in all that they do
- Tough: To be capable of embracing hard work, and facing challenges head-on
- Passionate: To genuinely care about their contributions, and how impactful they are in the role
- Driven: To be committed to the continual development of the role, as well as the individual’s capabilities, skill sets, and impact
- 4 GCSE at C/4, equivalent or above including maths and English.
Potential to progress onto Level 5 HR apprenticeship for suitable candidate.
How to apply
In order to apply for this position, in addition to applying through the National Apprenticeship website, you should produce a video (no longer than 7.5 minutes), introducing yourself and your background, as well as covering the following points:
- Why are you interested in pursuing a career in this area?
- Why are you interested in working for Leicester Tigers, specifically?
- Why you believe you are the right person for this role? (Remember to share any relevant experience!)
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates