The team behind the team! At Leicester Tigers, we strive to create an environment where each and every employee has the potential for personal growth and their dedication and passion directly drives success both on and off the pitch.
Leicester Tigers promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
If you're ambitious, committed and want to work for the world's most supported rugby family why not look at our current vacancies below.
- Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach - Closing Date: Wednesday April 24.
Reports to: Head of Physical Performance
Main Area of Responsibility
Leicester Tigers are seeking a Strength and Conditioning Coach to develop the physical capacities of its academy players to help promote player practice and playing durability, and technical skills.
- To plan Strength and Conditioning sessions that are complimentary with the entire player development plan.
- To programme Strength and Conditioning sessions for academy players (to be performed at and away from the training ground) with focused outcomes.
- To coach Strength and Conditioning to academy players both at the training ground and their schools.
- To co-ordinate with other key stakeholders, e.g. school and International Strength and Conditioning coaches, regarding player load and physical development.
- To work effectively as a member of the academy inter-disciplinary team to help achieve shared goals.
- To role model the programme’s core behaviours.
- To mentor school and pathway Strength and Conditioning coaches.
- To carry out any other duties and tasks required by management, which are within the post holder’s capabilities.
- To assist in Tigers’ vision to become the best rugby club in the world.
- Excellent ability to understand and be flexible to the sporting, educational and lifestyle demands of adolescent players.
- Excellent ability to educate adolescents on training, nutrition and lifestyle practices.
- Excellent ability to communicate and connect with adolescents and significant others, e.g. parents, school rugby coaches.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent ability to work within a team and independently.
Desirable skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Sports Science.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in elite sport as a Strength and Conditioning coach, specialising in the development of adolescents, within an inter-disciplinary team.
- Experience of influencing behaviour change of significant others, e.g. parents, school teachers.
- Experience mentoring junior practitioners.
- Ability to meet the criteria of a DBS check.
Please submit a written application to [email protected] (with Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach application and your name in the title), which provides explicit evidence of you possessing the key skills, qualifications and experience. Also, include at least one written professional reference that highlights your personal qualities and core behaviours.