Aggregate Industries Concrete Rugby
Welcome to Aggregate Industries Concrete Rugby – a free programme for school pupils in years 7, 8 and 9 to be coached by professional Tigers coaches and learn more about living a safe and healthy lifestyle.
The five week initiative, supported by our official partner Aggregate Industries, can be integrated into current school curriculum, delivered during schools PE sessions, and is inclusive for both boys and girls.
New to rugby?
If groups have never played or have little experience rugby before, the sessions are a fantastic and fun introduction to the sport. Covering the key skills like handling, passing and tackling, pupils will quickly develop their abilities and soon get stuck in.
Coaches also introduce elements of gameplay, tactics and decision-making throughout, with each session revolving around a healthy lifestyle focus - encouraging children to unite the positive values that come from the Leicester Tigers training ground.
Launching during this year’s Anti-Bullying Week (13-17 November), we’re aiming to #GiveBullyingtheBoot with our campaign to support students in schools to understand and help to prevent bullying.
We’ll be heading to schools, sharing videos and educating over 1,000 pupils across the region to recognise the signs of bullying, the consequences and what to do if they or somebody they know is experiencing bullying. We hope to raise awareness of bullying through Tigers and Aggregate Industries team’s sharing their own personal experiences - and you too can get involved.
- What is bullying? Find out more about what bullying actually is
- Bullying Facts you may not know – discover how bullying affects us all
- Programme Outline – see how Concrete Rugby can fit into your school programme
Want to show your support? Below are some of the ways you can get involved on social media.
- Tweet, post and share your stories using the #GiveBullyingtheBoot
- Send us a pic or video showing your support for #GiveBullyingtheBoot
- Can you do the best Boomerang? Get your school, team or friends involved and upload your own boomerang which shows you all standing up to bullying.
For more information on the Aggregate Industries Concrete Rugby Programme or to find out how your school can take part, please email [email protected] or call Blaine on 0771 585 6901.