The award-winning HITZ programme helps young people build confidence and gain opportunities for a better future, in a fun and relaxed environment.
We are offering 12-week programmes that provides young people the chance to build skills to become work ready and guidance for next steps. Based at Mattioli Woods Welford Road, learners will:
- Gain qualifications – Certificate in Employability and Functional Skills
- Complete a minimum of 70 hours work experience within local organisations
- Enhance employability through workshops and specialised support
- Participate in fun and engaging sport and wellbeing sessions
- Receive mentoring and support from dedicated HITZ officers
After finishing, learners will be supported to progress into employment, education or training.
Who can get involved?
To be eligible for the traineeship, you must:
- Be aged 16-18 (18 or under on 31st August 2021). Learners who are 19+ with an Education Health Care Plan will be considered on an individual basis.
- Currently not be in education, employment or training
- Have little to no work experience or previous employment
- Have not completed another traineeship or apprenticeship previously
- Be willing to learn and ready to begin your journey into employment
Cohort 1: Monday 9th January – Friday 31st March (12 weeks)
Cohort 2: Monday 24th April – Friday 14th July (12 weeks)
How do I apply?
Please apply via the online form using the button below.
For more information, please contact Tilly Higgs at [email protected] or by calling 07534922582.