The award-winning HITZ programme helps young people build confidence and gain opportunities for a better future, in a fun and relaxed environment.
We are offering a programme that provides young people the chance to build skills to become work ready and guidance for next steps. Based at Mattioli Woods Welford Road, learners will:
- Gain qualifications - Certificate in Employability and Functional Skills
- Complete a minimum of 70 hours work experience within local organisations
- Enhance employability through workshops and specialised support
- Participate in fun and engaging sport and wellbeing sessions
- Receive mentoring and support from dedicated HITZ officers
- After finishing, learners will be supported to progress into employment, education or training.
Who can get involved?
To be eligible for the traineeship, you must:
- Be aged 16-18 (18 or under on 31st August 2023). Learners who are 19+ with an Education Health Care Plan will be considered on an individual basis
- Currently not be in education, employment or training
- Have little to no work experience or previous employment
- Have not completed another traineeship or apprenticeship previously
- Be willing to learn and ready to begin your journey into employment
How do I apply?
Please apply via the online form using the button below.