BMC Leicester Tigers HE Rugby
Leicester Tigers offers a number of higher education opportunities for its academy and development teams in partnership with Brooksby Melton College, based in Leicestershire.
Brooksby Melton College is a provider of high quality specialist higher education. It recently invested £27.7 million in transforming its teaching facilities, which included some £4 million in a state-of-the-art sports complex.
This included a brand new sport centre with a full sized, multi-functional sport hall, a sport science lab, strength and conditioning gym, and IT equipped teaching spaces for students to complete theory work.
“We are proud to be working in partnership with Leicester Tigers to provide the perfect place for talented rugby players to combine high standard rugby in a professional environment, alongside the very best in sporting education.”Brooksby Melton College
Study and play rugby at BMC
- Bespoke rugby timetable to include minimum 8 hours of coaching contact time with Tigers coaches when you study BTEC Sport, Sport Science or Agriculture.
- If you choose to study anything else at BMC, you can still receive 2 hours of coaching a week and be available for fixture on Wednesday afternoons.
Higher Education Studies
- Study FdSc/BSc Sport Science at BMC and Leicester Tigers will provide unique work experience opportunities;
- Year 1 - Term toations at Welford Road learning about the business/commercial side (community, marketing, sales, etc)
- Year 2 - Specific placement in chosen “specialisation” (coaching, S&C, etc)
- Year 3 - “Internship” alongside FE rugby teams in specialisation (coaching, S&C, analysis, etc)
More information about Degree course modules, Brooksby Melton College and accommodation availability, please visit their website.