Very impressed with the standard of coaching – all the exercises had a purpose in getting the children ready for tag rugby games. The sessions were very inclusive for every pupil and the festival was very well organised. Everyone at the school, teachers and students, loved it.Phillip Clarke, Headteacher (Foxton School)
Nottingham Building Society Tag Rugby
Tigers has teamed up with Nottingham Building Society to bring its tag rugby programme to primary schools around the UK.
Reaching over 2,000 year 3 to 4 pupils so far, the programme is a free six-week initiative that aims to introduce tag rugby during children’s PE sessions. Take a look below at what each session has to offer:
- Week 1: Introduction to Tag rugby and the basic rules.
- Week 2: Handling and ball skills.
- Week 3: Team work, communication and defence.
- Week 4: Game skills and knowledge of rules.
- Week 5: Game skills and decision making.
- Week 6: Festival at a local club competing against other local schools.
In the final week, we organise a TAG rugby festival at a local rugby club, where it will be the first taste of competitive rugby for many children. We aim to allow schools that are new to the game to participate in a fun festival with other local schools.
For further information about The Nottingham Building Society Tag Rugby Programme contact Dominic Owen on 0116 217 1328 or email [email protected]