This position provides an exciting opportunity to gain experience of the working environment at the heart of the biggest rugby club in the UK, assisting in communications with supporters and media, as well as playing a matchday role at Welford Road in the new season.
The internship is for the 2013/14 season and is suitable for a graduate looking to gain work experience in the media/communications/public relations area or for a student looking for work placement as part of degree studies. This position is unsalaried.
Learning outcomes of the internship role:
• Provide suitable text for official website & club publications as part of the Club’s Media/Communications department
• Develop media updates on non-matchday operations at Welford Road including conferences & exhibitions
• Assist in increasing media profile of the Club’s community department events including mini/junior rugby tournaments, Tigers Rugby Camps & Masterclasses, and Tigers Education programmes as well as matchday activities at Welford Road
• Matchday media support role at Welford Road home games
• Filming & editing for the Club’s in-house LTTV & Youtube output
Knowledge of professional club rugby is desirable but not essential. Working hours are flexible.
The internship period is September 2013 to May 2014.
To apply for this internship position, please email [email protected] with a CV and covering letter. Deadline for applications is Monday, July 8.