Leicester Tigers can now confirm the process relating to season tickets, match tickets and all matchday bookings at Welford Road in the remainder of the 2019/20 season.
Premiership Rugby have announced a target restart date of August 15, provided it is safe to do so, but Tigers have plans in place to cover every scenario, whether games go ahead as normal, are played behind closed doors, moved to other venues or are subject to cancellation. Fixtures in the European Challenge Cup, meanwhile, remain suspended at this point but have not been cancelled.
If fixtures are re-arranged and supporters admitted, all existing tickets will, of course, remain valid.
The club also now has plans in place for ticket holders if games have to be played behind closed doors, moved to other venues or are subject to cancellation.
This process covers outstanding home games against Bath Rugby, London Irish, Sale Sharks, Northampton Saints and Harlequins in the Gallagher Premiership and the European quarter-final against Castres Olympique.
It also applies to any seasonal or matchday car-parking already purchased in advance through the club and tickets bought for the club’s matchday bus services.
If you have made a Group Booking or have purchased Matchday Hospitality, including TryLine Club and Clubhouse, a Tigers representative will be in contact as soon as possible. Club Partners are being contacted to discuss how their packages would be affected for the remainder of the season.
If fixtures are cancelled, played behind closed doors or moved to other venues, supporters with 2019/20 season tickets or match tickets for any affected home fixture will have the option to:
If you choose DONATE, your investment will remain with the club and be used to support the rugby programme, including recruitment and retention of the playing squad under Geordan Murphy and new head coach Steve Borthwick, and in resourcing the successful academy set-up.
If you choose CREDIT, your investment will be left on your Tigers account to use against future purchases of tickets, hospitality or events and in the Club Shop later in the year.
If you choose REFUND, the club will return the outstanding balance to your account once any announcement has been made in relation to cancellation of fixtures, or the need to play behind closed doors or at an alternative venue.
Seasonal products will be credited with a pro-rata figure (5/16th) in respect of the remaining games, with match products credited on the purchase cost.
Please note that any credit or refund would not begin until there has been an official announcement from Premiership Rugby and/or European Rugby regarding fixtures.
From Monday, June 8 you will be able to tell us what you would like to do with the balance of your account if fixtures are affected, using an online form on the club website at www.leicestertigers.com
As we will be dealing with large numbers of transactions, we request that you use the online form rather than phone the ticket office. If you do need to speak to us, please be patient. You can also email any questions to [email protected] A document addressing Frequently Asked Questions will also be published on the club website to answer any queries.
Thank you for your support. We hope we can all share matchday at Tigers again very soon.
- This process opens online only at 9.00am on Monday, June 8 when links to the forms will be published at www.leicestertigers.com
- When the process opens, select and complete the relevant form:
Season ticket holders, including Half Season ticket holders. There are sections covering any extra match ticket purchases for friends or family; tickets purchased for the European Challenge Cup fixture against Castres; and if you pay for and want to include family members who have season tickets with you.
Match ticket purchasers. This applies to the outstanding home games against Bath Rugby, London Irish, Sale Sharks, Northampton Saints, Harlequins or Castres Olympique.
- All forms relate to the 2019/20 season only.
- If you choose Donate and leave your balance with the club – THANK YOU. If you choose Credit or Refund, we accept your decision because we understand that everyone’s circumstances are different and we thank you all for continued support.
- Any Credit or Refund payments will be at a pro-rata price for the missed matches.
- If you choose to Credit the balance to your Tigers account, this will appear on the account only after any fixture cancellations or alterations are confirmed. The balance can be spent against other club products including the new Club Shop when it opens in August 2020.
- Any refunds will be paid back into the account they were paid from.
- You can email [email protected] with any queries but please be patient if you are awaiting a reply
- Please do not phone the ticket office.
- Season ticket holders without an email address will receive notification by post but will still need to complete the form online.
- Closing date for completed forms is 5.00pm on Friday, June 26.
- Balances and refunds will be released only if fixtures are cancelled, played behind closed doors or at alternative venues, but all claims must be made by 5.00pm on Friday, June 26.
- A lack of response by 5.00pm on Friday, June 26, 2020 will result in the club retaining the monies paid by the consumer for these cancelled tickets as a donation to the club on the basis that the consumer retains the option to request a refund up until 5.00pm the final working day before the first game of the 2020/21 season is played.