As Leicester Tigers launch its brand new initiative – Celebrate Inclusion - which aims to promote and increase awareness of the matchday experience for supporters with physical and hidden disabilities, we’ve pulled a handy guide for supporters who require additional assistance and information ahead of matchdays at Mattioli Woods Welford Road.
Here, you will find details that will help ensure you can find out everything you need to know.
Click the links below for information on:
- Matchday Guide
- The club’s disabled facilities
- Getting to Mattioli Woods Welford Road via car or public transport
- Accessible entrances
- Inclusive and Accessibility Stewards and staff
- The North Stand
- Mattioli Woods (East Stand)
- The Breedon Stand (South Stand)
- The Robin Hood Stand (West Stand)
- Cashless Stadium
- Ticket Office and Club Shop
- If you are seated in the North Stand and you are seated in WU1 you access the stadium via Gate 5 at the front of the stadium and take the lift to the upper level.
- If you are seated in the North Stand and you are seated in WU2 you access the stadium via Gate 19 at the front of the stadium and take the lift to the upper level.
- If you are seated in the North Stand and you are seated in either WL1 or WL2 you can access the stadium from either Gate 5 or 19.
- If you are seated in the Hospitality suites of the Honours, Directors or 1880 Lounges please access the stadium from the main entrance and take the lift to the first level.
- If you are seated in the West Stand (The Robin Hood Stand) please access the stadium from Gate 36 in the North West corner of the stadium.
- If you are seated in the West Stand (The Robin Hood Stand - Clubhouse Lounge) please access the stadium from the Clubhouse Reception on the Aylestone Road side of the stadium next to the Wall of Legends and take the lift to level 2.
- If you are seated in the East Stand (Mattioli Woods) please access the stadium from Gate 26 on the Mattioli Woods Welford Road side of the stadium.
- If you are seated in the East Stand (Mattioli Woods – 502 Lounge) please access the stadium from Gate 26 on the Mattioli Woods Welford Road side of the stadium, enter the stand via the Executive Boxes/Tryline Suite entrance and take the lift to Level 3.
Inclusive and Accessibility Stewards and staff
Fully trained staff and stewards wear blue lanyards stating ‘Accessibility Assistant’ to help identify them to supporters around the stadium.
The club also has two Inclusive and Accessibility Stewards Rob Gahan and Karen Brogden working around the stadium to meet individuals, groups and supporters and introduce themselves to supporters.
If supporters would like to find out more information, or would like to highlight any specific requirements or questions, please email [email protected] or call the Leicester Tigers ticket office on 0116 319 8888 (option 2).
The North Stand
- Having entered via the Main Reception and taken the lift to Level one you will be in one of the three Hospitality Lounges, 1880, Directors or the Honours.
- There are 2 accessible toilets for the Directors/Honours side of the Hospitality Lounges towards the pitchside area.
- The Directors/Honours Lounges have 4 wheelchair and 4 personal assistant places on entering the pitchside area.
- The Directors/Honours also Lounges have 4 wheelchair and 4 personal assistant places on entering the pitchside area.
- There are 2 accessible toilets for the Directors/1880’s side of the Hospitality Lounges towards the pitchside area.
Upper Concourse (WU1 & WU2)
- Having entered the stadium via you allocated gate, you will have taken the lift to Level 2 (The Upper Concourse)
- Both WU1 and WU2 have 20 wheelchair and 20 personal assistant spaces.
- There are 4 accessible toilets on this level 3 of which requires the use of a ‘Radar’ key.
- There are 2 bars,The Pack and The Backline in the upper concourse, along with 2 pods (Dipna’s Roti Wraps/Scrum Dogs) and a The Grubber Pie Co serving food and drink.
Final Whistle and Lower Concourse (WL1 &WL2)
- Having entered the stadium via you allocated gate, you will have entered the Lower Concourse and Final Whistle.
- Both WL1 and WL2 have 14 wheelchair spaces either side of V4 which is situated on the half-way line.
- There is the Final Whistle Bar and 2 outlets serving food (Scrum Dogs and The Blindside Kitchen) and drinks and this has 2 accessible toilets, 1 Male and 1 Female (No ‘Radar’ Key required).
- The Lower Concourse also has the Final Whistle bar along with 2 other outlets (Scrum Dogs and The Blindside Kitchen) and 2 pods (Dipna’s Roti Wraps and The Blindside Kitchen selling food and drinks.
- There are 3 accessible toilets on the Lower Concourse – 1 each side of V4, the access point to your seating area and pitchside along with one at the North West end of the stand next to the First Aid Room. These facilities require access by use of a ‘Radar’ Key.
The Mattioli Woods Stand (East Stand)
- Having accessed the stand via Gate 26 you will be in the South East corner of the Stadium.
- This is also the entrance for access to the Tryline Suite, Executive Boxes and the 502 Lounge.
- There is a lift to the Tryline Suite (Level 1), and both levels of Executive Boxes (Levels 2 and 3).
- There is no wheelchair access from the Tryline Suite or Executive Boxes onto the viewing balconies.
- The 502 Lounge (Level 3) has access to 3 wheelchair places on the balcony.
- There are 11 wheelchair spaces and 12 personal assistant places along with seating for 12 ambulent spectators.
- There are 2 accessible toilets at the South East end of the stand next to the Droglites Bar.
- There is a Gallops Farm Beefburger stand in the South East corner opposite Gate 28.
- There are food and drink kiosks on this concourse.
The Breedon Stand (South Stand)
- There are no wheelchair facilities in this stand to view the match.
- There are 2 main refreshment areas on the South Stand Concourse, they are the Crumbie Lounge and the ABC Lounge.
- The Crumbie Lounge is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- There is however an accessible lift from the South Stand Concourse into the ABC Bar where there is also an accessible toilet.
- Please note that there is a steep ramp in the South West Corner and this is not suitable for wheelchair users or persons with limited mobility.
- At the South East Entrance to the concourse there is The Third Half Bar and a Grubber Pie Co Kiosk.
The Robin Hood Stand (West Stand)
- Having entered from the reception area on the Aylestone Road side of the stadium you will have taken the lift to Level 2 for the Clubhouse Lounge.
- There is a balcony area with room for 4 wheelchairs and 4 personal assistants.
- There is 1 accessible toilet in the Clubhouse Lounge.
- If having entered from Aylestone Road through reception there is a hydraulic platform taking you to the concourse level where you will find 3 wheelchair areas at pitch level.
- D1 (South West end of the stand) has 6 wheelchair places and 6 personal assistant places.
- D2 (Central) has 10 wheelchair places and 10 personal assistant places.
- D3 (North West end of the stand) has 10 wheelchair places and 10 personal assistant places.
- There are 3 accessible toilets on the concourse. All require access via ‘Radar’ key.
- There is the Captains Bar serving food and drink on the concourse.
- In the South West Section of the Stadium there is The Third Half bar and a Grubber Pie Co Kiosk selling food and drink.
Please note that bag searches are in place at the turnstiles. Bags are not encouraged, but please allow extra time to get through your turnstile if you have a bag.
In accordance with stadium regulations, banned items include bottles, cans, large golf-type umbrellas and any bags that will not fit beneath a seat. More information is available on boards at all turnstiles.
Mattioli Woods Welford Road is now cashless on matchdays with the aim of reducing queue times and faster checkout times during the season.
What does cashless mean?
The move to a cashless stadium means ALL transactions INSIDE the stadium will be via card or contactless payment.
This refers to all facilities accessed after a customer has gone through a turnstile or stadium doors.
Where will contactless be available?
Card and contactless payment will be the only method of payment available at all bars and food kiosks, including hospitality lounges.
In the Final Whistle Bar in the lower concourse of the North Stand and The Pack, The Backline and The Champions Bar in the upper concourse.
Food vendors inside the stadium will also only take card payments.
The Droglites Bar and newly-named Scrum Dogs, Blindside Kitchen and Grubber Pie Co. areas in the Mattioli Woods Stand as well as the club’s Tryline Bar will only take cashless payments.
In The Breedon Stand, the refurbished ABC Bar and Crumbie Lounge have cashless facilities only, as well as the Captain’s Bar, Third Half and Grubber Pie Co bars in the Robin Hood Stand.
Food vendors outside of the stadium, including on the plaza outside the North Stand, will be able to accept both cashless and cash payments. The marquee on the plaza will be cashless.
How to pay cashless?
Debit or Credit Card - Simply use your debit or credit card at any of the pay points. Payments up to £30 can also be made using contactless.
Smart devices - Use Apple Pay for iPhone and Apple Watch and Google Pay for Android devices at pay points around the stadium.
Please note that Swipe Station units are no longer in operation at Mattioli Woods Welford Road.
Ticket Office at Mattioli Woods Welford Road is situated on the Aylestone Road between the Crumbie Car Park and the Wall of Legends/Clubhouse entrance.
The Tigers ticket office will accept cash and cashless payments.
Their opening hours are:
Monday to Saturday: 9am-5pm
Match day: 9am until 1 hour after the final whistle.
For further information please contact us on 0116 319 8888 (option 2) or email enquires to [email protected]
You will need to phone the ticket office if trying to book a complimentary assistant ticket.
Proof of disability is required when applying for accessible tickets or additional complimentary assistant tickets. The proof required is either a copy of your entitlement to care and/or mobility component of the disability living allowance or a copy of your blue badge.
Entry to all home games in the Gallagher Premiership, Premiership Rugby Cup and European pool fixtures are included in season tickets.
Match tickets are booked via the Tigers ticket office. Book in person at Mattioli Woods Welford Road, phone 0116 319 8888 (option 2) or online. Online services are available all day, every day.
You can use the print-at-home option for match tickets purchased bought online.
If you are picking up pre-purchased tickets, the Collection Point is on the plaza outside the North Stand.
The club has also installed self-service kiosks at the collection point. You will need your booking number handy to print your ticket at the kiosk.
The Club Shop and the ticket office will accept cash and cashless payments.
Programme stalls situated outside of the ground will take cash payment, with stalls inside the stadium cashless only.