Fans across the world will have the chance to enjoy European club rugby’s elite tournament with a host of broadcasters and streaming services signed up to screen the Heineken Champions Cup.
Last season’s Final in Bilbao, where Leinster beat Racing 92, was shown in 115 countries and access to the tournament is better than ever for 2018/19 with Bath’s Pool 1 clash with Toulouse on Saturday launching free-to-air coverage in the United Kingdom (Channel 4) and Ireland (Virgin Media) in addition to the comprehensive coverage of BT Sport.
This match will also be the first screened live in the USA at the start of a four-year deal with NBC Sports. The majority of Heineken Champions Cup matches will also be available in the USA on NBC Sports Gold.
In France there is wide-ranging live coverage on beIN SPORTS supplemented by one live match per round on France Télévisions.
Where else can the action be seen around the world?
• DAZN take the tournament to audiences in Austria, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan and Switzerland. All Heineken Champions Cup matches will be live in Canada, Japan and Italy and the latter will also show Round 1 Challenge Cup action as Benetton Rugby host Grenoble in Pool 5 and Bristol Bears entertain Zebre, both on Saturday.
• RugbyPass take the action to audiences in Australia and South-East Asia for the next four seasons.
• Telefonica launch their live coverage of the tournament when Leinster open their defence of the trophy against Wasps on Friday evening.
• Spark take the tournament to audiences in New Zealand until the end of the 2021/22 season. Until their sport platform launches at the start of 2019, their partners TVNZ Duke will show two matches per weekend on free-to-air television, starting with the season opener at Leinster, before Scarlets take on Racing 92 at Parc y Scarlets on Saturday.
• SuperSport remain rightsholders of the tournament in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Fans are advised to check listings in their territory for confirmed coverage schedules. Negotiations in other territories are ongoing with EPCR’s international rights agency RDA and updates will be communicated on HeinekenChampionsCup.com
List of international broadcasters
NBC - USA (including NBC Sports and NBC Sports Gold)
DAZN - Austria, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Switzerland
GO - Malta
RugbyPass - Australia and South-East Asia
Rugby TV - Georgia
Spark (TVNZ Duke) - New Zealand
SportsMax - Caribbean
Sport TV - Portugal
SuperSport - Sub-Saharan Africa
Telefonica - Spain
TV Arena Sport - Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia
Champions Cup coverage shown across the world
11 October 2018 10:17
HEAD TO HEAD | Yodel
12 May 2021 18:00
Wells happy to see mental health in spotlight
12 May 2021 14:00
Free UK delivery on orders over £75
12 May 2021 15:15
Brooksby Melton College weekend taster session
12 May 2021 16:00
Leicester Tigers to host England A fixture in June
10 May 2021 09:00
Highlights | Tigers defeated at Sale Sharks
10 May 2021 11:00
Book now for Varsity Matches at Tigers
10 May 2021 14:48
Report | Tigers Academy hold on for win over Bath
8 May 2021 18:00
May Business Club to mark club’s first in-person event
9 May 2021 10:00
‘Ed’s got the power’ with STIHL pressure washers
6 May 2021 08:00