This summer join Tigers coaches at the club’s annual residential rugby camp at Bishop Burton College for a week-long training camp to develop your game.
Taking place at the Humberside college, young players between under-13 and under-18 age groups are invited to take on the clubs elite rugby training programme and experience what it takes to make it as a rugby player.
Build your knowledge on specific areas of the games with our skills coaches and take part in up to five hours of training each day, including an insight into strength and conditioning sessions.
The residential camp includes six days away from August 19 -24 at Bishop Burton college taking advantage of the sports-specific facilities and boarding accommodation.
We caught up with our work experience intern Joe Collier, 16 from Loughborough who first went on a Tigers residential rugby camp a few years ago.
“I was at Loughborough rugby club when I first went on a residential camp and it was such an exciting experience as a young 12 year old”, Joe said.
“It was one of my first trips away from home without family, so it was quite nerve-racking as the group all got the bus up together. But I soon made friends and we became a close-knit group after the week-long programme.”
“It taught me a lot about discipline and working together as a unit. Everything from eating together to training and socialising together gave a real insight into the lifestyle of a professional. It was hugely inspiring.
“By the end of the week, I could see the improvements in my game and we would switch between skills and fitness so there was a lot I took away to show team mates at my club. I was definitely pushed by the coaches who were hugely supportive and I’d recommend it to any young player.”
The cost to join Tigers residential camp is £475 per person and includes:
- Three hot meals per day and accommodation in individual rooms with private toilet and shower facilities.
- Up to five hours of rugby training each day, covering core skills and position specific areas of the game as well as strength and conditioning sessions.
- Free Tigers T-shirt, water bottle and rugby ball.
- Free ticket to the first Leicester Tigers home match of season 2018/19
- Organised evening entertainment such as team building activities, archery and shooting.
- Personal development plan at the end of the camp.
- Coach travel to and from Welford Road (optional)
Book your place at the link below