Leicester Tigers host The Varsity Matches for the first time in the club’s history this Sunday, with the action starting from 1.00pm. For everything you need to know, check the Matchday Guide below.
This game will be played in front of a reduced-capacity crowd with all supporters accommodated in socially-distanced seats in the main North Stand at Mattioli Woods Welford Road.
A number of measures have been put in place to protect the safety of supporters, staff and players while also helping to minimise risks from the pandemic.
- All tickets supplied via email to show at the turnstile or print at home. You will not gain admittance on your usual season ticket card.
- Online health declaration to be completed on the morning of the game.
- Covid code of conduct to read before you arrive.
- Social distancing at all times.
- Temperature checks and Track & Trace check-in on arrival.
- One-way system for movement around the stadium.
- Face covering required at all times except when eating or drinking.
- Refreshments available but you must return to your seat with any food and drink.
- Bars and food kiosks will be closed before the end of the game.
- The stadium runs cashless payments only.
If you are a ticket purchaser, look out for an email from Leicester Tigers on Saturday afternoon with the online health check details and complete the questions ON MATCHDAY MORNING.
If you are part of a group booking, the lead booker is responsible for supplying the answers on behalf of the whole party.
Click here for a video from the ticket office to assist you with getting into the game and being able to enjoy your day.
Turnstiles open at noon with kick-off in the women’s fixture at 1.00pm and the men’s at 3.30pm.
Kick-off in each fixture will be preceded by the national anthem and trophies will be presented at the final whistle in each.
Please arrive in good time to find your correct turnstile and for check-in safeguards well ahead of kick-off, especially if this is your first time at the stadium or if you are sitting in a different place to usual.
The club encourages supporters not to bring bags into the stadium to minimise delays and contact due to searches and queues at the turnstiles.
Tickets are still available online or by phoning the Tigers ticket office on 0116 319 8888 (option 2).
The ticket office in the Robin Hood Stand and the phone lines are open from 9.00am to deal with any queries.
The Tigers Club Shop in the North Stand is open from 10.00am, stocking a full range of replica kit, training kit, leisurewear and souvenirs. Social distancing rules apply and there be a limit on numbers allowed into the shop.
A printed version of the match programmes will be on sale (£3) from sellers at each end of the North Stand and in the shop.
Click here for team news released by each university.