When the first edition of this ground-breaking volume, known as Tigers Tale, was published in November 1993, the 416-page offering’s initial print run sold out in double-quick time.
For many years the only way to obtain a copy was through second-hand sales, and even these have all but dried up.
Now, 20 years on, the full update to the original flagship publication brings the unique story of the club up to the present day.
Once again authored by the successful combination of official club historian and statistician Stuart Farmer and renowned rugby journalist David Hands, the new edition not only covers the momentous events of the past two decades, but benefits from painstaking new research into the early life of the club to create the truly definitive updated complete club history.
Topping 500 pages and printed in full colour, the new volume includes:
• Complete, updated and extended club history from 1880 to 2014, compiled in an easy-to-follow style.
• Full career details of every player to have played for the Leicester first team, plus a detailed biographical section on all players to have been awarded a club cap by making 100 starts.
• Pen picture details of all club officials, coaching teams and Board members.
• Results, scorers and team line-ups for every first-class fixture, extended to include the timings of tries and chronological league positions in the modern era as well as official attendances.
• Updated and comprehensive statistics in an A-Z format contained in a Tigers Encyclopaedia section.
• Lavishly and superbly illustrated, using unpublished new material wherever possible.
This volume has been designed not only to update the previous publication, but also to complement it for all Tigers fans who wish to extend, rather than replace, their collections.
The book is being published with any profits benefiting the Rugby Development Foundation, a charitable organisation backing and supporting grassroots rugby including the development of elite young players through the Tigers.
The new book costs £40 including UK post and package, courtesy of DX, and pre-order is available now up to August 1. Any purchase before that date will have their name added to the book.
Books will be sent out during late-October.
For more details, see the website at www.rugby-foundation.org.uk/products/tigers-book