At more than 500 pages and detailing all of the players and results since the club’s formation in 1880, plus the fascinating stories behind the headlines, the book makes an ideal addition to any supporter’s collection.
Compiled and written by official club historian and statistician Stuart Farmer and rugby journalist David Hands, the book benefits from new research into the early life of the club and through every era up to the professional game to create the truly definitive updated complete club history.
The volume includes:
- Complete, updated and extended club history from 1880 to 2014, compiled in an easy-to-follow style.
- Full career details of every player to have played for the Leicester first team, plus a detailed biographical section on all players to have been awarded a club cap by making 100 starts.
- Pen picture details of all club officials, coaching teams and Board members.
- Results, scorers and team line-ups for every first-class fixture, extended to include the timings of tries and chronological league positions in the modern era as well as official attendances.
- Updated and comprehensive statistics in an A-Z format contained in a Tigers Encyclopaedia section.
- This edition is lavishly and superbly illustrated, using unpublished new material wherever possible.
The book is being published with any profits benefiting the Rugby Development Foundation, a charitable organisation backing and supporting grassroots rugby including the development of elite young players through the Tigers.
Pre-order is available now at £40 (including UK post and package, courtesy of DX). Any purchase before August 1 will have their name added to the book.
Books will be distributed during late-October.
For more details, see the website at www.rugby-foundation.org.uk/products/tigers-book