Leicester Tigers have confirmed that payment for 2020/21 season tickets will now be transferred directly to next season and that Direct Debits will be suspended for 12 months.
The decision taken, which addresses the continued impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and the prospect of home games remaining behind closed doors into the second half of the current season, has been widely supported and the club believes is the most convenient and efficient for the club and its supporters.
Your season ticket place will be waiting for you whenever crowds return.
Tigers have been operating for 12 months without matchday income and remain incredibly grateful for the continued loyalty and commitment of supporters at this time, even when they are excluded from matchdays at Mattioli Woods Welford Road.
An option to Donate season ticket money to the club is available and explained in information sent to all season ticket holders. If you would like to take this option, there is a deadline of Wednesday, February 24 to allow the ticket office to set up a fresh Direct Debit instruction while regular season ticket payments are suspended.
Full details of the proposals have been circulated to season ticket holders, including:
- Any one-off payment for a 2020/21 season ticket will be transferred to cover the 2021/22 season.
- If you pay by Direct Debit, this will be suspended for 12 months following the instalment at the end of February 2021 and your total payment will be credited to a 2021/22 season ticket.
- If any games are open to supporters in the remainder of the current season, match tickets will be sold via a ballot system to which season ticket holders will have priority status.
- TryLine Club and Clubhouse memberships will be treated as outlined above.
- Season ticket prices and rights for 2021/22 will remain unchanged.
- The price for any supporter who is due to move up an age category from Junior or Young Adult/Full-Time Student will remain at your 2020/21 rate.
- Under-12s who received a free season ticket for 2020/21 will have their place renewed for FREE in 2021/22 if accompanied by a full paying adult, including those who were due to move out of the age-group next season.
- Season ticket holders who agree to transfer payments will retain full season ticket benefits for the rest of 2020/21 AND for 2021/22, including the 10 per cent shop discount.
- The Rebate scheme introduced under the club’s Priority – Support – Confidence initiative is also transferred to 2021/22, allowing a Rebate or Credit for any game a season ticket holder cannot attend due to Covid restrictions.
The Tigers sales team will contact all seasonal corporate clients separately.
Add link to season ticket page and FAQs.
Priority – Support – Confidence