A focus on mental health is more important than ever as we enter week four of isolation due to the Coronavirus.
Reports suggest that anxiety levels have peaked across the UK as a result of the lockdown, but the HITZ programme is determined to help.
The Leicester Tigers HITZ programme works with young adults from vulnerable backgrounds to support them back into education, employment or training.
Using Mental Health First Aid England’s ‘My Whole Self’ campaign, Tigers HITZ is encouraging students to empower themselves by sharing positive words to promote self-love.
Many of the learners have found isolation extremely challenging and it can be very difficult for them to keep their spirits up during the pandemic.
Positive language can be a powerful tool for increasing self-confidence and curbing negative emotions, and can substantially improve mental well-being.
All this week Tigers HITZ will be posting ‘whole self’ images to promote diversity and inclusion, creating a culture where people are proud to be themselves.
Getting involved couldn’t be easier! Here’s how to get started:
- Go to MHFA England’s Instagram page on your phone instagram.com/mhfaengland
- Find the filter column – the filter icon should be above the grid and below the stories. If you can't see it, try updating your Instagram app to the latest version, or restart your phone.
- Click on the filter icon and watch the short 'how to' video.
- Then when you're ready, click on the 'try it' button.
- Take a selfie with the My Whole Self filter and add text that describes your whole self
- Download the image to your photo library
- Share on Instagram and use the downloaded image to share to your LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, or email