Leicester Tigers can now confirm plans for 2021/22 season tickets in the face of the continued impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The club has been operating for 12 months without matchday income from ticket sales, group day bookings, hospitality packages, stadium food and drink, and matchday merchandise sales at the stadium shop, and Tigers are extremely grateful for the continued loyalty and commitment of supporters.
With the prospect of home games remaining behind closed doors into the second half of the current season, the club believes it is necessary to provide some certainty for all season ticket holders who have paid in full for 2020/21 or who have been paying by Direct Debit.
To address this and to give some clarity for a way forward, the club proposes to transfer all 2020/21 season ticket monies directly to the 2021/22 season.
It will also suspend Direct Debit payments at the end of this month.
We believe this is more convenient and efficient for the club and for supporters who have already invested their money.
Your season ticket place will be waiting for you whenever crowds return and we will keep you fully informed of any further changes.
Details have been circulated to season ticket holders, including:
- If you made a one-off payment for a 2020/21 season ticket, this amount will now be transferred to cover the 2021/22 season.
- If you pay by Direct Debit, this will be suspended for 12 months following the installment at the end of February 2021 and your payment will be credited to a 2021/22 season ticket.
- If any games are open to supporters in the remainder of the current season, match tickets will be sold via a ballot system to which season ticket holders will have priority status.
- TryLine Club and Clubhouse seasonal members will be contacted by a member of the sales team.
- All season ticket prices and rights for 2021/22 will remain unchanged.
- The price for any supporter who is due to move up an age category from Junior or Young Adult/Full-Time Student in 2021/22 will remain at your 2020/21 rate.
- Under-12s who received a free season ticket for 2020/21 when accompanied by a full paying adult will have their place renewed for FREE in 2021/22 – including those who were due to move out of the age-group next season.
- Season ticket holders who agree to transfer payments to next season will retain full season ticket benefits for the rest of 2020/21 AND for 2021/22, including the 10 per cent shop discount.
- The Rebate scheme under our Priority – Support – Confidence initiative will be similarly transferred to 2021/22, allowing a Rebate or Credit for any game a season ticket holder cannot attend due to Covid restrictions.
The club totally understands that everyone is dealing with their own situation in the face of the pandemic, and any supporters who have an objection to this proposal is requested to contact the Tigers ticket office by phoning 0116 319 8888.
It will be assumed that this is acceptable unless you contact the ticket office.
When the 2019/20 season was suspended due to the Covid-19 outbreak, there was an option to Donate season ticket money to the club and in the correspondence sent to season ticket holders this week there is an option to do this for 2020/21. If you do take this option, Direct Debit payments will continue unchanged and the ticket office will set up a new Direct Debit instruction for 2021/22 with a breakdown of payments confirmed via email. If you would like to donate your season ticket money, please click here or contact the ticket office before Wednesday, February 24, 2021.
For any other questions on season tickets, please contact the Tigers ticket office.
The Tigers sales team will contact all seasonal corporate clients separately.
Priority – Support – Confidence